The Concord High School Instrumental Music Program encompasses the following groups and ensembles:
- Marching Band/Symphonic Band
- Jazz Ensemble
- Jazz Combo
- Music Technology
- Pep Band
- Percussion Line
- String Orchestra
- Winter Percussion
- Winter Drum Major
Our Guiding Principles
- We are respectful and accepting of everyone.
- We are always working, constantly learning, and progressively growing.
- We are a class act, everywhere we go, representing the Minutemen.
- We are present, here and now, living for the moment.
- We are a team. We are a family. We are strong as one.
- Creativity, innovation, critical thought, collaboration, and communication;
- Equity by offering an inclusive program that provides experience and opportunity for all students and families;
- Commitment to providing a comprehensive music and arts education.
Goals for 2018-2019
- Increase participation in District, County, and State Honor Bands; as well as participation in Solo & Ensemble Festival performances in order to enhance individual musicianship skills and provide opportunities for students to perform at even higher levels.
- Give students more opportunities to learn from professionals in the music world through going to live performances, bringing in guest clinicians, enrolling in music camps, and connecting students with local private teachers.
- Perform student compositions at our home concerts or in recitals.
- Promote music education, composition, theoretical analysis, sound engineering, and more using our newly added music classes.
- Travel to Anaheim, CA, to compete in Anaheim’s “Music in the Parks!” Festival, participate in Disneyland dance and soundtrack workshops, and march down Disneyland’s Main Street!