“Leadership: the act of doing good things for other people”
The Instrumental Music Leadership Council exists as an opportunity for young students to develop their leadership abilities. This group of student leaders, elected by their peers, carry out various responsibilities to serve the music program. Tasks include leading rehearsals, moving equipment, organizing/distributing music, handling social media for the program, leading fundraisers, promoting unity, and all other student-led jobs necessary to create a successful music organization. The council meets monthly to plan for upcoming events, discuss program goals, and learn about leadership and life skills.
Concord’s Instrumental Music Program prides itself on producing the next generation of leaders for our community.
Past members of the IMLC include current educators, policy-makers, healthcare professionals, and world-class artists, all making an impact on the world in their own right.
2021-2022 IMLC Members
- President: Skye Johnson
- Drum Major: William Brinkert
- Senior Representative: Lawrence Cuenco
- Junior Representative: Lucy Goetz
- Sophomore Representative: Natalie Cervantes
- Auxiliary Representative: Abby Delanoy
- Brass Captain: Jack Beers
- Woodwind Captain: Molly Householder
- Percussion Captain: Yoshi David
- Equipment Manager: Abhi Mokkapati
- Librarian: Mina Coartney