Dear Concord High Instrumental Music Family,
Congratulations on getting through our first week of social-distancing! I have some good news regarding our Orlando trip. Worldstrides and I have come to an agreement which we both feel comfortable with: This year’s Orlando trip will be transferred to next year (meaning we are NOT losing our hard-earned money!!!). Here are some things that will happen in regards to your individual contributions for this trip.
- Seniors and senior parent chaperones will be receiving a full refund for this trip. Whatever money you have contributed for the trip will be coming back to you in the form of a check. If this money was originally in the form of shares, then it will be going back into your family shares account.
- All other students and chaperones will be getting any money they contributed for this trip back into their shares account. With the money here, you’ll be able to pay for the Orlando trip next year (e.g. if you’ve paid off the whole trip this year, congratulations! You are already paid off for next year’s trip!).
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss a different option for your family, please reach out to me, Tammy, or Katie and we’ll be glad to assist you. A couple of other announcements:
- Teachers are doing their best to engage students in distance-learning. Here is a google sheet which lays out each teacher’s plan for administering instruction. Please click the link, find your teachers, and stay on top of assignments throughout this time. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vokOx8AyiY61xuRWV1jsGSu0iUHYnP-WVVWIMuBRonE/edit#gid=0
- Please check out the school website for Concord High, as admin is updating it regularly to keep parents/students informed. https://chs-mdusd-ca.schoolloop.com/
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors: It’s imperative that counselors/administrators receive course cards so they can start planning for next year. The school will be open next Tuesday, March 24th, from 8-11. If you have not yet turned in your course card, do so at this time so that you receive your desired classes. Also, if you need to grab something from the band room, you can do so.
It warms my heart to see you all doing your part with social-distancing to keep the community safe, but also posting what you’re up to in your households! It makes us all feel at least somewhat
connected through this strange time. I’ll be posting assignments for your students this weekend so that they may have work in regards to music starting Monday. (Their assignments will make for many more musical posts!)
As tough as it is to say, the circumstances of this shelter-in-place may be our new normal for the foreseeable future. If you haven’t already, try to create routine in your kids lives, just
as they have when school is in session. During the weekdays, have them go to bed early and wake up on time. Perhaps from the hours of 9-2, allocate time for homework, listening to/practicing music, getting some exercise, and other productive activities.
For now, enjoy your weekends. Stay safe, stay healthy. I love and miss you all so much. There’s a light at the end of this tunnel. Let’s all help each other get there.