Andrea’s passion for the performing arts began when she went to the San Francisco Ballet’s Nutcracker at the age of four. She was captivated by both the movement and the music. She started with creative dance and moved on to train with the Contra Costa Ballet School from the ages of seven to fourteen. During her elementary school years she was involved in both instrumental and choral music, continuing with instrumental music through her middle and high school years. In high school she discovered color guard (auxiliaries) and was hooked. It was the perfect blend of music and movement, with the added challenge of spinning equipment.
Andrea’s other passion is education. Every job she has ever had has involved children and learning and has led to where she is in her career now. She has spent over twenty years as an elementary/middle school teacher in the Pittsburg Unified School District and has held the position of the Concord High Auxiliary Program Director for over twenty-five. Through hard work, commitment, and self-reflection she hopes every one of her students will grow as an individual, a team member, and a leader.
- 1991 Graduate of Concord High School
- 1995 Graduate of Santa Clara University with a major in Liberal Studies and a minor in Theater Arts (emphasis in dance)
- 1996 Multiple Subject Credential from Santa Clara University
- 1980-1987 Contra Costa Ballet School
- 1987-1991 CHS Instrumental Music & Auxiliary
- 1991-1993 Santa Clara University Dance Team “Energy”
- 1991-1995 Santa Clara University Dance Program
- 1998 established the CHS Winter Guard Program
- 2000-2001 Color Guard Instructor with the United Spirit Association
- 2000-2004 Central Junior High School Cheer Advisor & Coach
- 1992-current Concord High School Auxiliary Program Director